Shore Fishing in Trinidad

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
John Randall
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Shore Fishing in Trinidad

Post by John Randall »

Hi All

Slightly off topic I know, but sadly we won’t be making it out to Tobago this year. Instead, the family will be staying near San Fernando, Trinidad (specifically a village called La Roumain – I think that’s how it’s spelt!) for a couple of weeks later in the year.

Does anyone have any experience of shore fishing in this area and could offer some tips or suggest some good places to fish? I could probably just tap up one of the locals for advice once we get there but forewarned is forearmed!

Cheers

John
Joel B
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Re: Shore Fishing in Trinidad

Post by Joel B »

Hey John,

In that area there is what the locals call the creek aka mosquito creek.
Just a few minutes drive south bound of san do and la romain you will see the highway runs parallel to the sea.
At one end there is a bridge where a river and the sea meets imo best fishing is high tide in this area.

Hope this helps.
John Randall
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by John Randall »

Joel B wrote:Hey John,

In that area there is what the locals call the creek aka mosquito creek.
Just a few minutes drive south bound of san do and la romain you will see the highway runs parallel to the sea.
At one end there is a bridge where a river and the sea meets imo best fishing is high tide in this area.

Hope this helps.
Hi Joel

Thanks for the reply. I “googled” Mosquito Creek – there’s a pretty good website called Trinidad Outdoors that has some photos but it doesn’t elaborate on the best tactics. Would you recommend bait or lure fishing?

I can’t wait to get out there. My wife and son were over for the carnival a few weeks ago but I couldn’t make it due to work commitments :evil: :evil:

I managed a night fishing in the estuary near me while they were away – it was freezing and the fish weren’t biting and all I could think was “I could be into a big tarpon/bonefish/jack/snook/barracuda right now!!!”

Gutted. Still, it’ll make it all the more sweet when it finally does come around

Many thanks

John
Joel B
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Joel B »

Bait fishing would work best here.

Return to “Recreational Fishing”