Moving to Port of Spain

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
JoshZarling
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Moving to Port of Spain

Post by JoshZarling »

I am moving to Port of Spain in August. I mainly fly fish in Washington State for salmon, searrun cutthroat, and steelhead in rivers and the salt, however I also do other types of fishing. I am going to be looking for people to fish with to get my mind wrapped around fishing in Trinidad and Tobago. If anyone is willing to help me, link me up with other fisherman in the area, and or help me with some info to get me started, I would truly appreciate it. I have fly fished the Florida Keys, but not much.
Thanks for the help.
Take Care,
Josh
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Moving to Port of Spain

Post by Andy K »

Josh,

you may join the Trinidad and Tobago Game Fishing Association (TTGFA).
There are many sports anglers also in the Trinidad and Tobago Yacht Club in Bayshore, west of Port of Spain.
Many of them also fish in tournaments. Anglers / boat crew are always welcome.
You may contact me when you settle down in Trinidad.

Cheers,

Andy
JoshZarling
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by JoshZarling »

Andy,
Thanks for the advice and I appreciate any help I can get. I will touch base after I get there.
Thanks
Josh
John Randall
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by John Randall »

Hi Josh

I’ll be out in Trinidad for Xmas this year (sadly no trip to Tobago, though) most likely staying in PoS, so if you fancy getting together for a spot of fishing give me a shout.

My experience with fly fishing is limited (it’s not commonly practised where I come from in the UK) but bait and lure fishing I’m cool with - if not exactly an expert!

Don’t whisper this too loud, but Mrs R and myself may be relocating to PoS full time in the next couple of years so you may end up with a more permanent fishing buddy.

Anyway, if you’re interested let me know

Regards

John

Return to “Recreational Fishing”