Snorkeling Buccoo Reef

Questions and comment about scuba diving and snorkeling
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Snorkeling Buccoo Reef

Post by Joanne Green »

Since we always stay in Castara, we've never gone out with a snorkel operation that's near Buccoo Reef. Which one is the best & where are they located?

Dear Readers -- Please give me your opinions!!
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Snorkeling Buccoo Reef

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Joanne

You could get a Glass Bottom Boat from Store Bay.

From Castara ... I used Ali Ba Ba (Brian Taylor) the last time and he has Duck as his assistant.

Positives ... Seat Cushions, so your bottom doesn't get traumatised ... a ladder, to help drag yourself back in the boat ... a unique trip to Bon Accord Lagoon to see the mangroves and wildlife (this is the first time anyone showed me this and it is well worth it) ... Brian will happily jump in the sea with you and show you round.

Negatives ... none, they are a good team and both very experienced.

They will take you to Arnos Vale and then the Buccoo Reef ... lunch at No Man's Land ... then a tour around Bon Accord Lagoon ... then Nylon Pool before you return home.

Advice ... ask them when they do their next trip to St Giles Island and London Bridge ... it was fantastic.

Enjoy.

Oh by the way ... you were sorely missed at the recent myTobago meeting at Kings Bay Cafe.

Give Phil Bondie a shout ... Chris (professor) is there and maybe you can hook up with Carol and Hugh if they are still there ... I am sure Ancle will join you ... the food was lovely as always.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Paul-
We missed you too!! Appreciated your comments. But what we want is a boat that goes out from Buccoo or nearby. What do you suggest? Is the glass bottom boat the best bet?

Joanne
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

I used A-Team Tours ... run by Keith who I have known since 2000.

Collection is from Store Bay between 10 and 11 in the morning. He can collect you from Castara for an extra charge if you have no car.

He uses the larger Glass Bottom Boats and cooks up a good barbecue on No Man's Land after you have had a snorkel over Buccoo Reef. I am not sure if you will get him at this time because he comes to the UK around this time.

Contact details as follows:-

Keith Samuel +1 (868) 387-6869 and +1 (868) 374-1242 ... not sure which one is his mobile.

Best of luck, I like Keith ... he is a real grafter but can be difficult to catch at times.

The other option is to go to Pigeon Point ... look out for a chap called Dexter ... he will find you, just check his name and say 'Hi from Mr Chinese' and he will look after you :mrgreen:

Have a fab time.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Joanne,
Not sure when you arrive in Tobago....my husband and I are here until March. Would be a pleasure to meet. Had a wonderful lunch up at Kings Bay Cafe with some of the MyTobago bunch. Phil has my cell number...give me a call if another lunch is in the works.
Cheers, Carol
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

Where are you Carole. G
As it is Friday night it is BBQ & limin' at Shirmas by the ATM ( which IS working !!!) in Castara.
Chris aka 'Prof'
Carol G
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Carol G »

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the note about doings in Castara. As you may remember, my recent rant about our internet...some days do not bother to turn on or hope for a brief moment of opportunity if I do get a connection! We're in Mt St George/Studley Park area...so Castara is a little away for an evening trip. However, it would be good to meet...do let us know if any day things are planned.

Cheers, Carol

Return to “Diving & Snorkelling”