dive operators

Questions and comment about scuba diving and snorkeling
Terry K

dive operators

Post by Terry K »

We are going to stay in Arnos Vale in December and after reading about all the dive operators are still uncertain as to who to go with. Caribe Stu seems like the absolute best, but is out of our price range so we are looking at Wild Turtle or R and Sea. We want to dive up at Speyside as well as along other parts of the island. Any recommendations and/or comments would be most appreciated!
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: dive operators

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Terry

I can't make a recommendation because I am not a Scuba Diver ... but I know it can be hazardous.

I am just a bit intrigued about why price is important to you ... I would never wish to diss Wild Turtle or R & Sea because I don't know them any more than CaribStu ... but CaribStu seems to be highly recommended.

If I followed your avenue of pleasure I would put safety first and price second ... there are pretty treacherous waters around Tobago ... I would go with the best recommendation, whoever that is, at whatever price.

I hope my lack of knowledge and bountiful wisdom helps :mrgreen:

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Terry K

Post by Terry K »

Thanks Paul. You are absolutely right! We do not want to go with the cheapest operator and neither of the others are. It seems Caribe Stu only goes out with individual groups and I imagine his costs are way higher because of that. That said, though I've heard there are some operators to stay away from, the 2 I mentioned were rated highly. I can't imagine there is only one safe dive operator on Tobago- I certainly hope that isn't the case! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Terry,

I have to agree with Paul. =D> My thoughts exactly.

I must admit that my only scuba experience to date was with Stu (after lots of research). I certainly got more than my money's worth.

Hugh 8)
Bob White
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Bob White »

From personal experience, R and Sea are very reputable..... safety came first for sure.... both within preparation sessions and in the open water.
Kevin Pallant
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Kevin Pallant »

Hi Terry,

Without a doubt R and Sea. Very professional, safe and informative. Diving for me is a sociable pastime so prefer to go with a group of people, but each to their own. Whoever you choose enjoy the waters round Tobago.

Kevin.
Terry K

Post by Terry K »

Thanks for the feedback! I feel much better knowing there are good, safe options and can't wait for our trip in LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!
Tiff Lynch

Post by Tiff Lynch »

Terry.

I would agree with all that have already given you some ideas. From my experience R & Sea are certainly hard to beat. I was encouraged to start diving whilst on holiday and it was with them that I managed to complete all my courses through to Divemaster ( Not in the 2 weeks I have to say .....) It goes to show how much I enjoyed myself with Tracy Wendy John and the team they have. I keep going back again and again and again.
Enjoy.
Tiffx

Return to “Diving & Snorkelling”