Undersea Tobago - PADI Scuba diving

Questions and comment about scuba diving and snorkeling
Graham B
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Undersea Tobago - PADI Scuba diving

Post by Graham B »

Undersea Tobago rarely features in this Forum, but having dived with them on 3 holidays in the last 5 years, I recommend them highly.

They recently taught my wife to dive. She's not the most confident person in the world, but Derek and Ellis gave her excellent tuition, and we look forward to going back for more later in the year.

They're in a good location at Crown Point (on the Coco Reef Resort's beach) with good equipment and very professional staff.

5*!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Undersea Tobago - PADI Scuba diving

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Graham

Thanks for your endorsement. What you say totally ties in with everything I've heard about them.

Please don't forget to vote for them in our Reader Satisfaction Rating (RSR) polls. As with all our RSR polls, just click on their RSR icon in the dive listings (www.myTobago.info/diving09.php) and cast your vote.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pupuce »

Hi all,

So how many shops offer PADI courses in Crown Point? On the PADI website I found only two - Extra Divers and R&Sea Divers.

I'd like to start this year, in Tobago...But I don't know who to choose. I'm a bit claustrophobic so I need instructors who can make me feel at ease. :)

Graham, did your wife do the e-learning first at home? I wouldn't like to lose precious beach & ocean hours by learning in a classroom...
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Pupuce

May I refer you to our Dive articles (menu: Out & About > Activities/Things To Do > Diving) where you will find general information about scuba diving and a full list - with editorial and visitor ratings - of ALL the dive shops in Tobago.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Pupuce
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Pupuce »

Hi Steve,

Thanks! :) There is so much info here that I haven't been able to read all - again...
Graham B
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Graham B »

Pupuce wrote: Graham, did your wife do the e-learning first at home? I wouldn't like to lose precious beach & ocean hours by learning in a classroom...
She did it as a referral course from the UK, so all the pool sessions and book work was done at home, just needing to do the Open Water dives.

We've just returned from Tobago today, and she completed the Advanced course with Undersea Tobago, together with superb dives.

While we were there the shop was awarded Best Diver Operator 2012 - so the industry seems to be share my view of them!

Highly recommended

Return to “Diving & Snorkelling”