Partner dives, I don't...

Questions and comment about scuba diving and snorkeling
KasFran
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Partner dives, I don't...

Post by KasFran »

Hi all

Perhaps someone can steer me in the right direction please.

My partner and I are off to Tobago in May and as the subject suggests she dives but I do not and am wondering what options are available to us...

That is, is there a service that offers both a boat trip and diving so that I may sun myself whilst she dives (fishing and diving would be ideal) or should I expect to be left on the beach taking in the sun whilst she is out diving?

Many thanks :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Partner dives, I don't...

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Kas

Welcome aboard! :)

As I'm not a diver, I can only guess at the answer, but I'm sure someone with direct experience will answer. If not, we have two friends staying with us who I can ask - when they return from diving later today.

I am sure that you will be welcome aboard the dive boat whenever they go diving. However, remember that the dive boat has to stay on station above the divers so it can't take you off on an excursion while the dive party are down below. Fishing is not option because you might catch a larger fish than you intended - and they would be quite justified in thumping you after you landed them. So, it would probably be a very boring trip for you, just sitting there in the baking sun with nothing to do. The bottom line is you will need to plan other, separate activities when she is diving. Guess who will come home with the darkest tan. :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
KasFran
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Re: Partner dives, I don't...

Post by KasFran »

Hi Steve

Many thanks for the swift reply! I did suspect that may be the case but thought it best to ask and see.

If it is the case that she goes on her own then I am sure there will be plenty to occupy me whilst she tries to find nemo :)

Return to “Diving & Snorkelling”