birding hotspots that are safe

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
Jlarthur1953
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

birding hotspots that are safe

Post by Jlarthur1953 »

We are bird lovers and are looking for suggestions regarding good and reasonably safe places to go? We will be spending one day with Newton George in the large forest so are looking for other possible hotspots.
Jazz557
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: birding hotspots that are safe

Post by Jazz557 »

I like taking bird photographs at Adventure Farm and Nature Reserve. It’s very safe ...
Here’s the link:

https://www.adventure-ecovillas.com/

Cheers
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: birding hotspots that are safe

Post by Steve Wooler »

Jazz557 makes an excellent recommendation. The Adventure Farm & Nature Reserve is on the Arnos Vale Road out of Plymouth and is increasingly becoming one of those "go to" places for hummingbirds and other species. It has taken over the mantle of the Arnos Vale Hotel (now closed) - and doing a very much better job of it.

Another place worth visiting is the Cuffie River Nature Retreat. It is open to non-residents and apart from the best Caribbean food in the world (booking essential), is a spectacular place for white-necked Jacobins, in particular, and many other hummingbirds and other beautiful birds.

However, my best recommendation is to ask Newton George. Nobody knows Tobago and Tobago's bird life like Newton. Moreover, you will not find a more genuine honest soul on the island. Hopefully you will be going out with him during the early stages of your visit. I say this because apart from being able to ask him, what you will learn from him will help hugely when out on your own. Even if you aren't going to see him until later, drop him a line because I know he'll be delighted to put you on the right track and let you know where the best (and safest) places are currently for you to visit on your own.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”