Gilpin trace map

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
Barry

Gilpin trace map

Post by Barry »

Hi,

Apologies if this information is somewhere in the forum but I searched and failed. Does anyone know where to buy, beg or borrow a map of the Gilpin Trace? I borrowed a dog-eared copy a couple of years ago from the proprietor of Shore Things (best place in Tobago for a relaxing lunch - no treehouse, no tour buses; just hummingbirds, woodpeckers and bananaquits) but can find no reference to it's existence on the Internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Barry
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

I have been on the lookout for maps of the Gilpin Trace and other rainforest hiking maps but without any success. I'm glad you asked this question because I'm sure lots of folks would appreciate these maps.

Hugh
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Barry (and Hugh)

To be honest, I am surprised that such a map exists and would love to see it if a copy can be found. I can only suggest contacting Giselle Beaubrun, the owner of Shore Things, at [email protected] (Barry - I couldn't agree more about it being the best place on Tobago for a relaxing lunch. )
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Where is Shore Things? :?:
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

At Lambeau - on the old coast road between Crown Point and Scarborough. They are right beside (and overlooking) the Atlantic Sea - not far from Inn On The Bay and Rockly Bay beach. They're hard to miss if you drive along the coast road.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Drive out of Scarbro'on Milford Rd,keep on the road(don't turn left for the highway),go past the Coastguard H/Q(the rough road) and about half /threequarters of a mile.
David
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

OK thanks Steve and David. I know that place. Never ate there but will soon. In 95 days!!!!! =P~

Hugh
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

I Meant don't turn right--in fact headstraight round to Red Point
David
Barry

Post by Barry »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the contact info for Giselle. I'm not going out until November but will drop her a line in the next day or two and post the result. Haven't been on the site for a little while as I defected from the one true path and holidayed elsewhere last year. But of course the draw is too strong and it is back to Tobago this year. The site goes from strength to strength and, against the constant clamour of Internet critisism, it is a shining example of what is good about the Web. I don't want to embarass you but there is no other site that I have encountered that offers so much unbiased information and so little commercial clutter.

Barry

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”