Day Trips to Trinidad: Asa Wright Centre & Caroni Swamp

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Day Trips to Trinidad: Asa Wright Centre & Caroni Swamp

Post by Steve Wooler »

During our recent winter break on Tobago, Jill and I enjoyed a wonderful day on Tobago, with Newton George and his wife, Diane.

It was meant to be a private day out, because amazingly, neither Diane, Jill or myself had ever visited the Asa Wright Nature Centre or the Caroni Swamp. In fact Jill had never even visited Trinidad - unless you count the 30 minutes on Trinidad a week before when we went over to collect a light aircraft for some aerial photography on Tobago (a whole story in itself, culminating in a mad dash and unscheduled landing at Crown Point).

Anyway, the trip was not meant to be a review but I naturally took a camera with me and we had such a lovely day - and I was so convinced that it is also a trip that others might like to consider - that I decided to pen a few words. As we have no appropriate section for articles on Trinidad, I've included this in the reviews section under Newton's name.

Interested readers can see the report at http://www.myTobago.info/reviews/trinidad.php - Enjoy! :wink: :lol:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”