King David and Duck Tours

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
Carol H

King David and Duck Tours

Post by Carol H »

I can not recommend David and his friend Duck enough. I led a group of 8 scuba divers to Tobago in January who wanted to do a few other activities while there...rainforest hike and fishing, namely. When planning the trip I had found David on this site and on his own site, and he looked really good, but figured we would wait until we got to Tobago to make any decisions. When diving at Speyside, a fellow by the name of Roger was recommended to us who said we could go out fishing and Argyle Waterfall at the " best price", so he kept saying...$300US for a day of fishing and 50US to go to waterfall. We decided to hold off on him as he seemed VERY pushy and kept saying he'd give us best price.Luckily we called David the next and he won us over right away....#1, he said he wouldn't take us out fishing until the water calmed (it was very rough the 1st week we were there) as we wouldn't be able to catch anything, #2 he told us we didn't need to pay $50 to go to Argyle Falls as there was a guide included in the entrance fee!
So, he got us out on our rainforest tour bright and early-7:30am...we were leaving the forest as the other groups were entering, so we had the whole place to ourselves...beautiful! And David such a knowledgable, friendly fellow!
THe second week we contacted him again to go fishing and arranged for Duck to take us out. It was a wonderful day of fishing(caught 4 barracuda and a dolphin fish!), bbq at No Man's Land, and snorkling.
A great time was had by everyone, and I'd recommend King David and DUck to anybody!

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”