Day tour to Trinidad in Nariva Swamp

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
Wanda F

Day tour to Trinidad in Nariva Swamp

Post by Wanda F »

Hello,
Has anybody taken a tour to the Nariva Swamp? We are coming to Tobago in December. While there we would like to see something of Tinidad. I thought it would be so unique to tour the Nariva Swamp. Is it worth taking a day to see? Is there anything else in Trinidad that might be a better choice? If Nariva Swamp is something worth seeing should we book with Yes Tourism or would it be better to book with an agency on Trinidad? Thanks for your help.

Wanda
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Day tour to Trinidad in Nariva Swamp

Post by Ronald »

Hi Wanda
There´s a lot to see in Trinidad too, but all areas aren´t so safe, not even via a tour operator.
I would start with Yes Tourism and see what they say, they might or might not be able to organize tours in Trinidad, but they should at least be able to give you an option were to go and who to ask.

What is worth to see totally depends on what one want to see. There are more than one place to visit if nature and wild life is the first choice. But they aren´t into same areas, so you also have to look on how much time you have for your visit in Trinidad.
Ronald
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Day tour to Trinidad in Nariva Swamp

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Wanda

Ronald is absolutely right. I have never visited the Nariva swamp, so can't comment on whether its worth while. However, I CAN recommend a trip to the Asa Wright Natrure Center and the Coroni Swamp. For an idea of what to expect, see our Review of a trip we did with Newton George, Tobago's leading bird watching guide (menu: Reviews > Bird-Watching).

I totally agree with Ronald - use Yes Tourism. There are lots of rogues on Trinidad and Yes will ensure that you are accompanied throughout with reliable trustworthy people.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”