Travel between Castara and Crown Point

Transport-related questions and comment
Jane

Travel between Castara and Crown Point

Post by Jane »

I need to get to Crown Point from Castara early in the day two days in a row. I was wondering if route taxis/bus are reliable services between these points. I am afraid that renting a car alone would break my budget after adventure expenses! -Thanks
Achim Lewandowski

Post by Achim Lewandowski »

Hi,

last September I wrote down the bus times from Scarborough to Castara:

?, 8.30, 10.30, 12.30, 1:45, 5:00, 6:30 Mo-Fr

? stands for a time which was too early for me (maybe 5.30 or 6.00 or 6.30). The bus needs 45 minutes to Castara, continues to l'Anse Fourmi and then returns. Maybe 1.5 hours after leaving Scarborough (roughly 45 minutes after seeing the bus in Castara going to L'Anse Fourmi, but at least 30 minutes later) the bus will return from Castara to Scarborough. So it might be 7.00, 7:30 or 8:00 in Castara. You need to buy the tickets in advance (small shop next to the bus stop) and sometimes the old man has no tickets to sell (which was the case on the day I had to return to the airport!).

On Saturdays and Sundays, only half of the buses are in service. I do not know, which ones.

You will arrive 45 minutes later at the bus station in Scarborough. Every hour there is another bus from the bus station in Scarborough to Crown Point. I am not sure, but I think it was every full hour.

Alternatively, you can use a private taxi from Castara to Scarborough. Just observe the people standing at the bus stop how to stop a car. It is 6 TT instead of 5TT for the bus. The bus from Scarborough to Crown Point is 3TT.

I know that my statements here are quite vague, but maybe they still help :wink:

Greetings,

Achim

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”