Car Rental: Direct to Sheppy's or via Yes Tourism

Transport-related questions and comment
Simon B

Car Rental: Direct to Sheppy's or via Yes Tourism

Post by Simon B »

I have read through the articles on car rental and have decided on Sheppy's as he seems to be the most reliable and best value.
I looked on the Yes Tourism website and found that they quote prices excluding CDW but the prices on Sheppy's website state that they include CDW.
What's the situation? Do I have to pay CDW twice if I book through Yes Tourism?

Thanks, Simon.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

You certainly won't pay twice, Simon. I would take that up with Yes Tourism, as they guarantee that the price you pay will not be more than going direct. As far as I am aware, CDW is ALWAYS optional. Offhand, I can't think of any Tobago rental firm that includes FULL CDW in the price. If Sheppy has changed his package, then I suspect that Yes Tourism haven't updated their web yet. I'll look into this and let you know - I'm interested from my own point of view.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Sheppy

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hello Simon,
I have spoken to Sheppy and he told me that his website needs to be updated. The CDW is definitely not included, his webmaster has forgotten to make the change. In any case we guarantee that you will never pay more by booking your vehicle through Yes Tourism instead of booking directly with Sheppy or any other car rental company that we recommend.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Simon B

Post by Simon B »

Thanks for the clarification.
I guess we will be reserving the car through Yes Tourism then.
Patrick Chrimes

Sheppy

Post by Patrick Chrimes »

Its seven months since Patrick Dankou reported that Sheppy knew that his website was incorrect as the car hire prices, although saying they included full CDW, are in fact exclusive of CDW. Either he is rather forgetful about contacting his Webmaster or he's has now gone "All Inclusive" as the website claims all rental rates include full CDW.

Does any one know what the real situation is with Sheppy's rates?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Patrick

Welcome aboard!

That's a good point you raise and I don't know the answer - so I'll contact him. I was pretty sure that charges covered basic insurance requirements which gave you a liability limit of about £350. Quite honestly, with that sort of limit I question whether its really worth the extra for full CDW. I must confess that I never take extra CDW, so that's why I don't know.

Just a word of caution. I doubt whether Sheppy's site has been updated in a year or two, whereas I believe the Yes Tourism site is always bang up to date. I know which one I would trust - much as I love Sheppy.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Hello.
We hired a jeep from Sheppy a couple of weeks ago and his prices did'nt include CDW.From memory I think that CDW was an extra US$20.We opted to take a chance and didn't bother with CDW.Thankfully we didn't live to regret it.I guess you pay your money and take your choice.
Regards.
Lindsay

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”