Steps

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Stella Porteous

Steps

Post by Stella Porteous »

Have read with interest about LGC and it is a 'possible' for April 2005. My one worry is the fact that it is on so many different levels and all the sets of stairs. I know there have been other queries in this GLC forum and that Steve ,you say they're "not too much of a problem'" are we talking a few short flights here and there of 5/6 steps at a time or a few flights of a dozen steps or more at a time? sorry if this query sounds trivial but it is of particular concern to me. Husband G. is fully fit and able apart from finding steps painful on the old knees !!!!! Stella.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Stella

Good to hear from you again and delighted that you have caught the Tobago bug.

Have you read our report of the LGC? I think I describe in there the situation with regard to steps. NO, it is not a series of flights of steps - more like short flights. In practise, good wheelchair access has been provided and it is possible (but longer) to get from the very highest level to the lowest purely through shallow ramps.

Hope this helps.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Stella Porteous

Steps

Gosh Steve , that was mighty quick!! Thanks. Yes i've read the main review but poor G, when we were in Tobago this April we visited the bay next to Charlotteville . The actual walk up the lane and the incline to the top of the steps were of little bother but the steps themselves were another matter ' over 100' i counted!!! nearly finished the poor soul off. climbing back up again from the bay. I think we halted about 6 times on the way up!![mind you, i needed a few breathers too] but in all seriousness. although i know that steps give his knees 'gip, or is it gyp? i think he's developed a 'hate thing' about them.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Come on Stella, you're take the wet stuff out of me!!! :cry:

The steps to Pirates Bay would just about kill anybody. I thought there were 76 steps (not that I counted, but that was what was reported by one visitor). It would be bad enough anywhere, but in that heat it's a lot to handle by anybody. If G can handle that - even with breaks - then the LGC will not even have him breaking sweat.

Here is an interesting picture of the lower flight.

Steve Wooler
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

I met people that had driven there, I started to, and decided it was utter madness. So we never saw Pirates.

It's on the "must do" list if I get back, I'll probably pay a kindly boat owner to drop me off!
Stella Porteous

Steps

Steve, i really wasn't taking the'you know what' out of you. G really does have a 'thing' about steps. The ONLY reason he used the Pirate' Bay' lot was because we were with friends and we all threatened to abandon him at the top if he didn't attempt it !! If he had realised he could have got there by boat Marc i'm sure he would have chosen that route. But Marc, if us 4 'oldies' did it then YOU can't cop out!!! S
p.s Steve, we too, have the same photo as 'evidence' for our family to see what a 'fit' bunch we all are !!!!
Last edited by Stella Porteous on Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Here, here! And non-stop at a trot while counting the number of steps (in the interests of accuracy should this subject be raised again). :lol:
Steve Wooler

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”