LGC Visit Report

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Jonathan Smith

LGC Visit Report

Post by Jonathan Smith » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:57 pm

My Good lady friend and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at LGC and I can safely say that it was the best holiday we have ever had the good fortune to have.

We initially left the UK slightly apprehensive (to say the least) over some reviews written here and on other sites about the hotel, but once we had arrived I really do wonder what some people perceive when they see the world!

The hotel itself was great. no end of painting and sprucing up was being done whilst we were there, with no incovenience to ourselves. It is clear the hotel is cared for and valued by the staff. Not the run down place some of the posts made it sound. The staff themselves were something else, with "Dion" behind the bar being one massive character we will really miss.

Our room was great (garden view, although we had a clear view of the beach and sea), although the aircon was a little noisy some well placed wadding helped quieten a small vibration. That's pretty much it for gripes, our only other complaint was that the holiday lasted only 2 weeks and not 4!! I would not recommend the Jacuzzi room as their outlook is limited and the rooms seemed a bit dark and claustrophobic.

We made some fantastic friends and toured around the island. With one guide we met on our travels informing us that he thought the LGC was the best resort on the island, he was in the process of showing some guests of the Rex Turtle Hotel around who by all indications had been having a terrible time!

The tan is starting to fade but I hope the wonderful memories do not!

One thing that has been written on this site before and held so true in my mind, if you go expecting "Dubai style" subservient staff and polished marble you'll be dissapointed. Bear in mind this is the Caribbean where things are done at their own pace and marble is pretty hard to come by! Having said that you would be mad I think to find the holiday disspointing. Everyone we met there loved it and enjoyed every minute.

The hotel, beach, staff and whole holiday was great- don't worry you will not be disappointed. If anyone has contact with anyone in the hotel over in Tobago please pass on our message of thanks and regards- we will definitely be coming back!

I hope that this review is of use to somebody.

Jon.

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”