Guest Report

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Bernadette Burgess

Guest Report

Post by Bernadette Burgess »

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful stay at LGC for 10 days, checked out last Saturday (8th Oct) We had a fantastic room, it was cleaned daily to a very high standard. The weather was in the 100’s so it was lovely to have the air-con, and a fan.
We ate in the Pinnacle restaurant in the evenings, very romantic, wonderful atmosphere, and the food was absolutely fantastic. (Albeit a British man started making mobile phone calls on the first night of his arrival in the Pinnacle restaurant thinking that everyone was interested in his conversation!!) SO RUDE! Fortunately it was ONLY one man during our stay.
A few times in the Pinnacle restaurant they had a buffet and I’m afraid to say we are not buffet people, but felt it was not as good as the a’la’carte. (personal choice) the a’la’carte was very imaginative and great quality food.
You do have to dress for evenings, but that just added to the holiday, an excuse to look great and show off the tan! Plus all the compliments you are given by the staff on your way in to dinner makes it worth while. The staff are just brilliant, we love them all, they are very attentive, and friendly, making you feel special. Although we didn’t ‘do’ lunch much, they also have afternoon tea every day, very nice. Breakfast was everything you could ever want. We had ow eggs cooked any way you want them every day. Couldn’t do better anywhere.
Because we hired a car for the last week we were not around much during the day, we went round to all the wonderful beaches the island has to offer. But when we go for our second visit to LGC (oh yes!) we will not have a car and would be happy to just chill out for a week in the resort. Again we didn’t use the spa facilities, no time, but next time...
A word of warning...the cocktails and drinks are premium brands and very lethal - if like us you are not use to high levels of alcohol, we got very drunk on the second night and learned our lesson very fast, stuck to chardonnay for dinner and after dinner bourbons and brandy.
We are very well travelled and I can’t praise this hotel highly enough, we have been all over the Caribbean and consider this hotel as one of the very best.

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”