Hello!

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Charlotte B

Hello!

Post by Charlotte B »

Two whole new experiences, booked a holiday to Tobago and this is the first time i have used a forum!!

We have booked to stay at this hotel (Le Grand Courlan) and i read on the forums that it is worth booking the treatments, that are included in the holiday at least two weeks before we go - any help with how i go about this would be fab?!?!

Also if anyone has places that are a must see whilst we are there that would be a great help too?

Thanks
Charlotte
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Charlotte

Welcome aboard! :lol:

You've got a treat in store. I'm not sure that its necessary to book treatments in advance if you're a guest at the hotel. To be safe, why not email the hotel and ask. I haven't got their address to hand, but if you got into the Accommodation section and list their record, you can click on the email link to send them a message.

As regards places to see, its largely a matter of what you're interested in. The best thing is to hire a car for a few days and go and explore. Everything you need to know is detailed in the main articles available through the top menus.

Have fun!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Charlotte B

Post by Charlotte B »

Hi Steve

Thanks for all the info, we are really looking forward to it, - going to have a look at the car hire etc now

Just one more question that i know is not really under accomodation but do we need to have any injections prior to travelling :shock:

C
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

No vaccinations are necessary, unless you are arriving from a Yellow Fever infected area when an International Certificate of Vaccination against the disease will be required. Although not a T&T requirement, some advisory bodies recommend that you have an inoculation for Hepatitis A.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

vaccines

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

Dear Courlan traveller, I would like to add a suggestion to the one already received from Steve:I agree a vaccination against Hepatitis A is a cheap insurance against an incurable disease, and the so called Havrix shot is by far the best option instead of the gamma globulin shot. 2 injections with 6 months between them is adequate protection for 10 years of travel! Gamma globulin gives a short-lived and very weak protection. I always supplement this with an oral vaccine against ETEC (enterotoxin producing e.coli-a common cause of traveller´s diarrhea) and cholera called Dukoral on a bi-annual basis. I don´t drink the water unless it is from a rainwater source and exercise normal care and never seems to fall ill...
14 days and counting...

Stefan Rustscheff, MD :)
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

For T&T, drinking water from the tap is something the majortity of all visitors are doing without any problem what so ever.
I use it every day when I´m there, I also take the water from various tap´s nearby the roads when I go around Tobago.
I haven´t had any problem at all with the water, I´ve even been drinking the water coming from the cliffs beside the roads into the northen range of Trinidad.
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

drinking water

Well, Ronald,
I congratulate You to have an excellent constitution and a good acid supply in Your stomach. I maintain my views that the water is best used after boiling, and, incidentally, all the owners of the villas I have stayed in state the same. I am however well aware that my friends that live in the island drink it with no ill effects. I have had one rather irritating experience involving traveller´s diarrhea myself which had the temerity to make it´s debut 2 hrs before leaving the Island by plane which was a wee bit uncomfortable in tourist class. AND I HAD DRUNK GALLONS OF WATER FROM THE TAP FOR TWO DAYS! Three weeks in Tobago bred overconfidence even in my medical mind...I would just like to state that many people lack Your stout constitution, and a little care might be reasonable to exercise. :)
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

I have been travelling to Tobago for a number of years and have always drank the tap water,bottled it to take with me,used it in tea,coffee etc,used it to make ice with and I have also drank from running streams in the forest and can honestly say that I have never had any tummy problems.Mind you the water was also shared with copious quantities of Carib beer and Royal Oak rum!!!!!! :wink:
David (21 days to go)
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

rum tum

Dear David, I will most definitely apply Your advice and keep up a steady intake of Angostura, Fernandez, Demerara and the local poteen in order to stay healthier this time. We will probably see each other at the airport if You arrive on monday. Keep that flight chair in good shape for me and leave a few magazines for the flight back! Hope You will have a lovely, healthy holiday. If not You may contact me for a free treat...ment :lol:

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”