No Problem

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Martin G

No Problem

Post by Martin G »

Just returned from LGC on friday,had 2 fantastic weeks.Staff very good hotel rooms very nice, mine was room 303 fantastic views.Food was good especialy the currys at lunch time in the bistro.The hotel was less then half full whilst there so quiet.Saw a turtle the first day snorkling by the rocks under fort bennett.The sea was fairly rough so be careful,I did some bogie boarding and got wiped out a few times.Hired a car from Sheppy for a few days very good rates, and a free car upgrade he gave me a 4X4 for $50 a day 8). Went to arnos vale best place to snorkle a few times and snorkled with a turtle for nearly an hour,saw turtle both days i went, and a dutch guy told me he also sees them every time he goes in. It was clear in places but due to the sea being rough along the cost most places were poor visablity especial englishmans bay zero visablity when i went.The rain forest wes excelent went on private tour just my wife and i and saw every bird the guide was looking for including the white tailed saber winged humming bird sitting on a nest.I will put full details of our guide Kelton on trips part of forum.Nylon pool was nice, angel reef and buccoo reef was ok but saw a lot more at arnos vale and also at out local beach under fort bennett on clear days.The people were very friendly Giselle on the pool bar is fantastic say hello to her as she gets upset at people that cant be bothered to say hello and thank you.All in all Tobago is a beautiful place i enjoyed it beter then barbados less tourists and more to see and do,so unspoilt.I would go back to LGC with out any problem and hope to return one day maybe next year :D
Any questions give us a shout and i wil try and help.Found so much info from this site and forums keep up the good work all. PS dont forget to feed the koi in the pond a few small rolls of bread should do the trick some one will have to do it now that i have gone,(my daily job) they are allways hungry not sure if they get fed :P Oh yes went to argle waterfall a must, but be carefull the walk is a bit dodgy and i can see an accident happening. The old walk path was washed into the river and a new one was constructed, slippery in places and plenty of rocks under foot to twist an ankle :oops:

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”