Guest Report

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Rebecca Davies

Guest Report

Post by Rebecca Davies »

Well, firstly I must say I love Tobago, it was my dream holiday, the country is beautiful, my boyfriend fished every day either on shore or deep sea fishing with a few different companies and I was taning myself by the pool.

However we stayed in Le grand Courlan. When we turned up it was dark and everything seemed magical and the food was ok the first night. Then the next morning when we awoke we realsied the whole place needed a bit of a make over, the room was lovely but the grounds of the hotel needed painting. That was ok you can get passed all that as the beach was fantastic. The hotel also offered free spa treatments this we snapped up and it was great and the staff that worked in the spa and the hotel were all fabulous. Then there was the MANAGER I seriously can't tell you how horrible this man was. He would chop and change the eating arrangements so you never knew where you stood, he accepted children into the hotel, if flights were delayed etc and it is an adults only hotel, he would walk around thinking he was amazing, but when it came down to it he was horrid. In the first few nights we had an attempted burglary in our room, he didnt want to know and ignored the situation, this got me angry. He scared off the wedding planner, she left after a few days of us being there, stranding 2 couples without a planner and spoiling their day. He is trying to get rid of the Tobago staff and bring in Phillipinos as they are apparently "harder workers and cheaper to pay". Also one night it had been one of the couples weddings and we were all having an amazing evening, to be honest it was the best night of the holiday as some of the entertainment was on the quite side, but then at 11pm he told the entertainment to stop as one person in the hotel had made a complaint about the noise. There were 20 of us having fun and a singer, I don't understand how 20 people can make enough noise to close down the entertainment of a resort!!!
Also saying it is an adults only hotel would be correct but the people seem to be old age pensioners rather than people my age in there 30's. On the last night there was a situation with a flasher the police were called after I told the waiter there was a man naked by my room the man was locked in a room until they came. It worked out he was staying in the hotel, but the manager had more of an issue with me for making the complaint, then the man that was running around naked. They did'nt apologise or anything and then they even sat him by me at breakfast, I thought I was going to choke on my cornflakes. I would go back to this hotel as I loved Tobago BUT only if the horrid american manager was sacked!!!!

BUT try Tobago its fab.

This hotel could be brilliant if they got a new manager, decorated and got better security.

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”