Guest Report

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Graham h

Guest Report

Post by Graham h »

We arrived at the hotel on Christmas Eve after dark,the lobby area was very nice and well kept but unfortunatly it was down hill from there on!The rooms are a good size and well appointed but all the fixtures and fittings particularly the bathroom were old and well used.By this time we were hungry so made our way to check out the choice of restaurants,well there was no choice!and there was very little choice on the menu tonight or for the rest of the week.I think they were trying to feed each guest for about £2 per day.we got the impression most of the staff were trying there best with the limited resources.
I estimated there was never more than 20 guests at the hotel and on somedays probably only ten as some were getting moved to other hotels! by their travel companies,but of courses that did mean it was never busy by the pool or at meal times which was probably just as well.One up side of everybodys disappointment was that it got everybody talking and we did make some friends while we were there and made the best of a disappointing (expensive)hotel and tried to stay cheerful by joking about the poor food etc,but if we had been there longer than 7 days I would have been asking to be moved to another hotel.
Most of the events and amenties mentioned in the brochure were non existent although the spa and its staff was very good . Tobago was a very nice charismatic island with lovely people and would definately go there again but not to this hotel.

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”