Guest Report

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Karen f

Guest Report

Post by Karen f »

Oh Dear!

I have stayed at this hotel on four previous occasions and had a great time, however, what a difference this trip.

The so called refurbishment is very slow in coming along and the horrid orange exterior paintwork is literally blinding when you walk in from the sun. The few original staff are as lovely and helpful as ever but seemingly struggling with lack of resources in the hotel. Our rooms were clean but tired and sometimes the toilet was not keen to work properly. The sunbeds by the pool were filthy as were the covers,which were eventually changed the day before we left.

The food was REALLY disapointing in all areas. Poor choice for breakfast and often cold, lunch in the bistro was very unappealing most days and often the food served bore no resemblance to the discription on the menu, frankly some of it I would not have given to my dogs! The only freshly cooked meal that was hot and pleasant was in the beach bar,
with perhaps the exception of the last evening which was tolerable.

The hotel advertises itself as for over 16's only. During our stay the sister hotel, Grafton, was closed and they moved their clients across to Le Grand, this included young families with children and a complete team of under 21's footballers. The young people were no problem but I would have changed my arrangements if I had been aware of this and the fact that there was no entertainment on any occasion during our stay.

The tables in the bar area have glass tops and at least four of them are badly chipped and just waiting for someone to cut a leg or arm on them.

After having previously enjoyed a really good time here I was very disapointed this time. I will not be returning in the foreseeable future.

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”