Guest Report

70 room 4* All-Inclusive resort at Stonehaven Bay (listing)
Naima

Guest Report

Post by Naima »

I had suggested this hotel as a wonderful resort to my friend to stay at as I had heard such good reviews of those who had stayed before. How ever my stay from arrival to departure was one filled with disappointment and a bit of embarrasment. Upon our arrival we presented a copy of our check in form which was faxed the day the reservation was made. We had to wait almost 20 mins if not more for the "girl" responsible for the front desk to come and review the forms we filled out and then to have her ask us for information that was already provided, apparently she just stared at the form the and did not read it.
Whenever we required a taxi a call had to be made by reception/front desk to someone else in the hotel to call for one and well we had to sit and wait on this. One night we asked the front desk attendant to check a restaurant to see if they were open and if they knew its exact location. well that was futile we ended up doing it ourselves right there as it seemed a puzzle to them. This was embarrasing as they appeared to lack knowledge on their environment, services and none the wiser on how to be resourceful when it came to assisting guests with anything.
The hotel was clearly not packed however at breakfast the first morning we were told after waiting 20 mins to be attended that they are busy and we would have a bit of a wait for our breakfast which is al la carte. For dinner we had the same wait of 20 mins to be attended. There were maybe a total of 6 couples having brakfast or dinner at the same time. The staff tried tobe pleasont there was this one individual who was robotic in her service I felt like was bothering her to do her job.
They gave an event schedule stating that on the wednesday night a complimentry cocktail and BarBQ will be held at the beach Bar for all guest from 6:30pm-10:00pm, entertainment at 6:30-7:30 we got there at 8:00pm NOTHING! it was over, we were told it was from 6:00-7:40pm and we were not informed of any changes. Which left us sitting there trying to make other arrangements for dinner as the hotel restaurant was closed due to the same event. The next thing was our request for a wake up call on the morning were to depart. we requested it at 4:30am and we arranged our own taxi. However our call came at 3:00am saying our taxi was waiting downstairs obviously it was not ours.
I was very disappointed in the service of the staff, housekeeping was excellent and they were pleasant. As a local inviting foreigners/tourist to enjoy our island and our culture and boasting of how great we are I was embarrassed. We need to do better than this if we desire to be a top notch tourist attraction and destination. I would probably recommend this hotel to friends if i was guaranteed of strong improvemnts in the customer service department. the hotel is beautiful also in its location. I may even consider coming back as for recommending anytime soon i am not sure i want to do that again and risk a embarrassing situation.

Return to “Le Grand Courlan Resort & Spa”