Mount Irvine Bay Hotel

104 room 3*+ hotel and golf course at Mount Irvine (listing)
Ian R

Mount Irvine Bay Hotel

Post by Ian R »

As a Brit formerly resident in Trinidad I have been staying at Mt Irvine on and off since 1997 and of all the hotels I tried there I kept going back to Mt Irvine. Steve is correct in saying that the reason for the existence of the hotel was originally to offer accommodation near the golf course but today after 30 years it has matured - not for the "party time" tourist but it offers quality and a bit more sophistication than the package deal places. We last stayed there in May '02 whilst we were at Mt Irvine it was quiet and peaceful and I noticed some renovation had been done since our previous stay. The staff staff were friendly, courteous and helpful at all times food excellent ambience chilled out. Personally I do not understand why it is not offered by more tour operators from UK. I reccomend booking a Premium Economy flight on Monarch via Golden Carribean and then room direct with hotel with a little persistence you can get a much better rate than the rack rate published on their website and possibly room upgrade to Garden Cottage for the Superior Room rate in low season.

Return to “Mount Irvine Bay Hotel”