Guest Report

200 room resort at Lowlands (listing)
Sandra

Guest Report

Post by Sandra »

It saddens me to give a low rating for Magdalena because the place is really lovely but my experience this time was beyond horrible. There were so many issues I might not have time to write about them all. The first thing we noticed was that when we put on the lamps in the room they were sparking, which was a big safety concern. It seems that they were not used for quite sometime because they were corroded. Someone eventually came and cleaned them. Then we noticed the bin in the toilet, there was a bin in the washroom that was beyond despicable. I honestly couldn't believe Magdalena would have something so deplorable, it was fully rusted and couldn't close. That bin literally freaked me out!

The AC was not working properly, when it was off, the floor was totally wet. I couldn't understand how that was happening but we had to have it on all the time which meant we were unable to open the slide door to enjoy the ocean breeze and the sound of the waves. We had several issues with the bathroom towels being replaced. Every single day we had to call and complain about it, sometimes twice or three times before we got bath towels. Beyond unbelievable! The mini fridge was not working properly so we had no cold drinks readily available and on top of that when we called to ask where we can find a working ice machine we were told that there were no ice machines working, we had to pay for room service of $38.00 or take the ice bucket to the bar (there wasn't even an ice bucket in the room). So since we didn't have ice and cold drinks we went to the bar to buy 2 coke, we paid $29.43 (this was the small glass bottle by the way) and sadly the drinks were not even cold.

On the 3rd or 4th day (cant remember which one) we turned on the television and had no service. It stated that we were checked out. Had to call a few times to get that rectified. There were issues with the interned password which had to be rectified as well.

Generally the service was poor, however there were a few people who did help us out and they were mostly the male employees. I heard sorry for the inconvenience so many times we should have been reimbursed.

The room was not properly prepped. It seems like maintenance is reactive and not proactive. If they can step up their service and maintenance of room I definitely will recommend, otherwise its too frustrating and not worth it.

I will end on a positive note by saying that Magdalena did not disappoint with the their amazing breakfast and the pool is really awesome.

Return to “Magdalena Grand Beach Resort”