Greetings from the Rex!

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Marc Jones

Greetings from the Rex!

Post by Marc Jones »

Day 3.

The weather is scorching but sometimes cloudy. Rain? More please, like the wicked witch of the west - I'm melting!

Rex is great, it's not plush, but then I am in the room to sleep and that's it. Aircon noisy but not loud enough to keep me awake and given it works well, I wouldn't care if it screamed "wake up" all night! ;-)

Hired a jeep, already done Crown Point to death, reviews of eateries and beaches to follow, restaurant experience ofchoice so far, Shore Things, by a mile. Wonderful staff and lovely homemade food (veggie friendly of course!).

Anyhow, to stay online whilst here is a crime, just called in after breakfast and before the pool opens (my son is intolerable unless he gets a dip or two a day in there, think bribing him so I can tour the island and you'll know why we love the pool!).

Online to look for some Little Tobago tour prices from King David Tours.

And yes, I have been nobled to buy aloe vera and a conch shell, although I did get a coconut opened and handed to me for 'free'. It was easier than saying no, believe me.

Been to three beaches other than the one the hotel is on, not a singl;e body other than those I took with me on them so far!

Idylic but hot.

Oh, and savaged by sandflies on the beach yesterday :( Off to find a pharmacy or a witch doctor.

See you all soon!
Peter Allday

Post by Peter Allday »

Thanks for the update, 4 days and counting

Return to “Starfish Tobago”