Daily All Inclusive at Rex Turtle ?/Rooms

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Laura J

Daily All Inclusive at Rex Turtle ?/Rooms

Post by Laura J »

Hello everyone!

Myself and my partner have chosen Tobago for our honeymoon. We are flying out on Novemver 8th and can't wait. We are staying at the Rex Turtle on a room only basis. We are travelling with Virgin Holidays who only sell the room only option. Does anybody know if it is possible to purchase all inclusive for some of the days that we are there direct from the hotel and how much this costs?

Also I have read alot about the rooms. We will only be using our room as a base but we would like to have a 2nd floor room if possible. Does anyone know the best way to go about requesting this, contacting the hotel direct or going through Virgin?

Just one more thing!! Does anybody know how much it costs to hire a fridge for the room?

Many thanks
Laura
Jacqui B

Post by Jacqui B »

Laura,
We stayed at RTB last August on room only basis (by the way Virgin do both), we were glad we'd chosen this option as we hired a car and ate somewhere different every night. Eating at the hotel was quite an expensive option. I seem to remember you could purchase different eating plans on arrival but don't know if this was on a daily or weekly basis.
I would email the hotel...I did this before we went to ask a couple of questions and they did reply.....albeit 3 weeks later! I asked if we could set up the fridge rental before we went so it would be in our room when we got there, they said yes....but it wasn't!! However it did arrive within 20 mins of us requesting it once there. It cost $360TT which worked out at about £40 for 2 weeks, essential if your room only, in my opinion.
We loved the whole holiday, the Rex made a brilliant base for exploring the island and we would definately return there.
Jacqui B
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Virgin DEFFO do AI as an option.

As for adding AI for the odd day, don't think you can.

Breakfast costs about £8.50 for a monster buffet, very good, almost too much on offer.

Lunch I never saw, evening buffet was fine but lumpy at about £18.50 per adult.

A la Carte may be ok, I'm veggie, the one pasta option was not great and over-priced.

Fridges are not expensive, £2 a day or something like that. kettle was about 20p a day or something equally silly cheap.

I emailed [email protected] to ask for a room away from the pool area before I arrived. That said I emailed them a few days ago with an enquiry and have had no reply, so try Virgin as well I guess?
Marc Jones

Post by Marc Jones »

Update time!

Breakfast = tt$95
Lunch = tt$85
Dinner = tt$185

Lunch can be booked before 9pm night before for picnic/take out.

AI IS available locally for US$56 a day, as and when you want it.

I think room only works better with that knowledge - likely to eat 2-3 times, go AI for the day, going out on trip etc, don't pay!

HTH!
Laura J

Post by Laura J »

Many thanks to all of you that replyed to my post. All of you have been very helpful.

Kindest regards
Laura
Colin Fairburn

Post by Colin Fairburn »

hi all

got back from the rex yesterday!

watch this space for my exhaustive (and totally fair)report on my whole holiday experience

colin

Return to “Starfish Tobago”