Bottled Water Included in All Inclusive Option?

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Paul S

Bottled Water Included in All Inclusive Option?

Post by Paul S »

Can anybody who has stayed at the Rex Turle Beach confirm whether or not you can get bottled water from the bar with the All Inclusive option? I have 2 young children who don't drink fizzy drinks and you can't drink fruit juice all day long :D !

Cheers,

Paul
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

There are usually a couple of jugs of iced water on the bar all the time.
David
John Hill

water

Post by John Hill »

When we were there in 2003 you had to buy bottled water best bet if you have a car to bring it in with you or carry it from Black Rock or Plymonth you will enjoy The Rex I'am sure very friendly.
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Bottled water

Post by Andy D »

Hi Paul,
I was at the Rex in June 04 and bottled water was not part of AI,however there is a shop in the hotel reception area that has a large fridge full of the stuff,it's in 2 ltr bottles (or smaller) and is ice cold!! and also very cheap to buy.Hope this helps.

Andy
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi All

Having been at the RTB just five days ago, I can confirm that much to my own surprise, bottled water is not available from the bars or restaurants so cannot be part of the AI option. Yes, you can buy water from the boutique shop in the reception lobby, but I have to disagree with Andy and say that it was not cheap. I can't remember the price, but it is several times the cost of buying it in Black Rock village. Yes, it's nice and cold and you are obviously paying for the convenience, but for economy, buy the large bottles at any local store.

Just to confirm though: The tap water on Tobago is perfectly OK to drink. I have a quite sensitive stomach, but have never suffered any consequences from the local tap water.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul S

Post by Paul S »

Thanks everybody for the info.
Peter Hedges.

Water at Rex.

Post by Peter Hedges. »

Paul,

We have just returned from the RTB 22nd Feb. and although I don't like to contradict Steve :oops: the water served at the bar and in the restaurant does come from bottles. They are much larger than the standard bottles but nevertheless they are the same brand but served by the glass.

Pete.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Peter

How dare you contradict me :x :x :x You will be banished to the corner of the forum for the rest of February.
I said bottled water is not available from the bars or restaurants so cannot be part of the AI option
What I MEANT is that they refused to let me have any to take to the room and simply refered me to the boutique, where I could buy bottles. Yes, I agree that bottled water is available at the table or bar, but apparently (and strangely) not to take to your room.

OK, you can come out now. :lol:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
John Hill

Water

Post by John Hill »

Steve
Glad to see you are only drinking water the best thing at your age :(

Return to “Starfish Tobago”