babys at the rex turtle beach

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Sam Blake

babys at the rex turtle beach

Post by Sam Blake »

Hi

I am staying at the Rex tobago in october and have a 7 month old baby,
Can anyone tell what the Rex is like with small babys? and also whats it like taking babys to the Carribean. We also have 2 kids aged 7 & 8, whats the kids club like?
Thanks

Sam
Chris Cross
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Chris Cross »

Hi!

Been at the Rex in June there were a couple of baby´s there. Take repellant and lot´s of sunprotection. I think it´s nice to stay there with a baby... We gonna do so (maybe ;-) ) in next june !
Sam Blake

Post by Sam Blake »

Thanks Chris,

I have my luvbug repellent which is good and I hope you get to take your baby there :wink: there next June.

Sam
Lou W

Post by Lou W »

Hiya Sam,

My little girl was 3 when she first went to tobago. She was fab on the flight and ok in the hotel.
I don't know if it is just my impression but there isn't much of a kids club. Both times we have stayed at the rex have been in june, so not in peak season but still other kids there, and the kids tend to play amongst themselves in the pool. I think it is one of the friendliest places i have been to with her, everyone around the hotel looked after her.
I wouldn't think twice about taking a little baby there. There was a family we met last year and they had a baby, he was about 8 months old and they got on fine. The supermarket is only a 10 minute taxi ride and cost around 60tt if you run out of nappies or anything else, and does sell named brands like pampers etc.
Hop ethis helps a bit

Lou W
Sam Blake

Post by Sam Blake »

Thanks Lou

Was a little bit worried about the heat with the baby but I've been out and brought the beach tent and everything else which should make him quite comfey.

We have been to Grenada and St Lucia with the older kids and stayed in Rex resorts both times, and they both had kids clubs which they enjoyed,
so hope they wont be dissapointed.

thanks for your advise, I cant wait to go :)

Sam
Julie Fletcher

Post by Julie Fletcher »

Hi Sam

I didn't see much sign of a kids club - we have a six year old but she was happy to play with the other children in the pool, so I am sure yours will too.

I found the Rex extremely friendly with children.

Julie
Richard B
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Richard B »

We took our 10 month with us.

Firstly let everyone involved know you have a baby with you especially the hotel.

The balconies are not child safe so get a ground floor room. We stayed in the "new" block furthest from the hotel. Good location. We took a travel cot with us as Excel have very good allowance. Hotel supplied sleeping cot, travel cot on patio in shade. Baby asleep in outside cot, Mum and Dad in sea swimming. No problems.

Also use sleep disturbance from journey to get a tropical timetable so baby sleep through heat of day and can join you for dinner latter than at home.

In restaurant get outside glass table. Sit baby in high chair, roll back table cloth, pour little bit of water on table, let baby splash. Great fun, not too messy.

"Lion-in-the-sun" make good sun suits and hats (factor 50). Lotion first with baby safe lotion (factor 60) all over then into suit. Take baby swimming after 1600 when sun is less fierce.

Staff love babies, let them make a fuss. Also can use as a baby sitter if required.
Sam Blake

Post by Sam Blake »

Thankyou Richard

this has given me some reasurance and i do agree with the table splashing, which I am sure my son will love.
Jennifer Muscat

Baby's

Post by Jennifer Muscat »

Hi

We are also going to Tobago with our baby, but are staying at the Grafton Beach Resort. Out baby is just over a year, so would love to hear how things have gone with you, and any tips. When do you get back?

Return to “Starfish Tobago”