Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Joanne Hughes

Guest Report

Post by Joanne Hughes »

I stayed at the Rex Turtle Beach for the second time in the last 2 years,first time for my honeymoon (complete with my 2 teenage kids from my previous) and again this year - third stay booked for next year - must be a glutton for punishment.

I have read all the reviews and agree with many of the comments, yes the Rex Turtle is in need of a refurb, BUT, having stayed at many hotels 4star plus hotels all in various corners of the globe, I cant help but keep returning. There are many reasons - excellent value for money especially the AI, good food, rooms opening direct onto an unspoilt beach and much more... You must go and hire a car and go around the island, driving is a sinch and there are some really beautiful spots to explore. I have never felt in any way unsafe in Tobago and neither have my children.

My kids, aged 15 and 13, boy and girl, cant get enough of Tobago. Both times we have visited have been quiet, just before the main school holidays in late June. Watched many turtles laying their eggs right in front of our bedroom.

I loved reading the comments about Engine Bobb, the local on the beach selling his calabash and Scoutie from the Dive shop - does he ever stop singing? They are 2 great characters,were fantastic with the kids who must mention him weekly ever since our return home, and weve spent many an hour putting the worlds to right with Engine. At first I was a bit dubious, but I neednt have worried, Engine and Scoutie took both of them off for the day to town and Sunday School - to return them both safely after having a great time. It was wonderful to see 2 different cultures and backgrounds getting on so well, it has taught my kids a lot. If you are reading this Engine - yes your 'little white English friend' Tom, will be back in July 2006.

Return to “Turtle Beach”