Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Joanne Hughes

Guest Report

Post by Joanne Hughes »

I have just returned with my family from my third stay at the rex during the last 2 years. I want to give an honest veiw of the hotel.
The location of the rex has to be one of the best on the island, I think the only hotel directly on the beach where the rooms open right onto the beach. Compared to other categories of hotels in the 3 star bracket, I would say the Rex could struggle to retain its position if it doesnt address certain issues and standards. Dont get me wrong, I love the hotel probably due to its position, the food which is very good, and value for money.... But I can see standards not being improved.

I had a long chat with the 'new' manager who has been there 12 months and when he arrived last year during our stay we had dinner with the owner of the Rex chain of hotels(repeaters dinner) there were the usual promises of all the plans for improvment with the appointment of the new manager. Sad to say things are the same as they were 2 years ago.The promised improvements to the rooms dont appear to have been carried out, we always stay in the same rooms, and they are tired and dowdy. Some of the staff had a very bad attitude, especially some of the waitresses and reception girls, and also one of the barmen. the 'old timers' - Jayson, Paulette on reception, the house keeping manager, Glenys and Natalie are still thankfully employed there and make up for the bad attitude of some of the other staff.

The food is excellent, something for every taste, and plenty of it. The chef who has been at the Rex for some time is talking of leaving, so hopefully he will change his mind. He is most obliging. Despite everything, I shall be staying there in 2007

Return to “Starfish Tobago”