Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Angela Pluess

Guest Report

Post by Angela Pluess »

We were all (I was one is a party of 10) very pleased with Turtle Beach, and with all we saw of lovely unspoiled Tobago. I would especially like to commend the politeness and friendliness of the staff in all parts of the hotel, especially the dining room and housekeeping staff. There was plenty to eat at every meal - and there was always a wonderful variety of food laid out. My family were very excited about the homemade cakes and we are now really missing them! I was particularly glad there was plenty of Caribbean food - lots of different fish, goat curry, jerk chicken, coconut bread, black eye beans and so many different varieties of rice, but the list would be endless so I will stop there! But I must give a special mention to the chef who stood behind the fresh fruit counter carving exquisite works of art from the melons, papayas and squashes. He was amazing, and my daughter took photos of the pelican he carved from a butternut squash!
My son was married on Turtle Beach while we were out there, and again the hotel staff could not have done more to make it a very special occasion.
Our bedroom was spacious, with that stunning view of the beach from the balcony. Yes - the bathroom was a little over its sell by date but it was clean and there was gallons of hot water with an excellent power shower. Bathroom and bedroom were cleaned daily. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well, with the air conditioning keeping us cool throughout the night.
Although there are local people on the beach making and selling things they were polite and friendly and there was only one man who was a slight nuisance. We bought several gifts to take home which we were delighted with, and it was good to know the money was going to a local craftsman. My daughter had her nails creatively painted and her whole head of long hair braided, and two of our party had axcellent massages. I bought a wonderful carved wooden pelican and my husband bought a belt. By the time the week was out we felt many of these people had become our friends.
The hotel is also well placed for the airport, lovely Pigeon Point, and many other local attractions. We would recomment a trek through the rainforest (with a local guide) and a trip on a catamarang along the coast (take seasick pills first - my mistake!) We had the thrill of being accompanied by a school of dolphins for 10 minutes. They surrounded the boat and were so close we could see their faces.
In a nutchell - I would go back to Turtle Beach Hotel tomorrow if I could! If ever I am fortunate enough to be able to return to Tobago again I would make the hotel my base for another wonderful holiday.

Return to “Starfish Tobago”