Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Gaynor Bond

Guest Report

Post by Gaynor Bond »

My friends and i stayed at the turtle beach resort for two weeks. We had payed extra for something called superior rooms apparently they dont excist. We arrived at the resort after a 8 hour flight only to find that 2 people instead of 3 had been booked in , a mistake on whos behalf we have yet to find out. It therefore took 3 hours to be allocated a room the food in the resturant was sub standard the staff seemed fed up and at times took it out on guests. Many of the new staff were friendly and kind they know who they are and thankyou.

The room we were allocated were of a poor quality it wasnt even clean was out dated and dont even start me on the patio area . I think the room had been closed down for redecoration and then opened up again when we had arrived, [someone panicked].

The owner came to our rescue the next day to offer some form of compenation after we slept the night in the hotel reception. We were also bitten very badly from insects that night.The staff on night duty who are supposed to patrol the area fell asleep and were rude towards us all.The night we slept in reception we were offered only one coffee each and one bottle of water hardly enough in that heat. The manager offered us a few perks but it didnt make up for the way we were treated by staff and X L . The room we felt were completly unacceptable and just not to a good enough standard never mind the amount of money we had payed for something special WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE COMPLETE CRAP. I agree with many other people many of the staff at the hotel are also on the make.

This was supposed to be our dream holiday which turned in to a nightmare. We made the most of our stay and 2 weeks is along time but we couldnt wait to go home, dont even start me on X L because they are also crap. If your going expect very very basic unless the revamp has been completed. All the ladies out there dont get treated like [Editor: word censored] from the men they have zero respect for you so beware.

The turtles were great and the people who look after them do a great job that was the highlight very educational oh and the chef at the hotel he knows who he is wonderful guy and a great cook x

Return to “Starfish Tobago”