Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Lesley Gibbs

Guest Report

Post by Lesley Gibbs »

My partner & i have just returned from the Turtle Beach resort and after reading mostly negative reviews felt i had to put our point across.
We had a great week away meeting nice people along the way.
We had booked a Superior Sea facing room which is a bit of a con because all rooms face the sea, The only difference being you get a fridge with a few drinks in (2 Bottles of Coke a bottle of water & a few cans of local beer)This is what you pay the extra money for.
The food on 2 nights was Ala Carte which was excellent the rest of the time it was adequate. The staff were very polite and happy to help whenever possible. There are locals on the beach but we found them polite and not at all persistent like other people have reported. We had 2 trips 1 with My Tobago which was ok but the best day out was with Barrys tours a great day at sea and the beach, barbecue, and party on Bucco Reef will never be forgotten, Truly memorable.
We upgraded to XLOne at Gatwick which really made our journey to Tobago so relaxing and started our holiday off to a great start. The first night & Last night we got to see 2 Giant Turtles again a truly memorable experience, it brought tears to my eyes how the locals are so protective of these wonderful creatures. Our Journey home was a nightmare with XL not believing we had paid for an upgrade both ways, my partner being frogmarched out of the airport and after much arguing we were begrudginly upgraded (even tho we had paid £700 at Gatwick) we were treated like illegail immigrants instead of first class passengers. Overall we had a great time, we would go back there but will not upgrade to a superior room as they don't exist.

Return to “Starfish Tobago”