Where to go

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Meg

Where to go

Post by Meg »

Hi I am staying on turtle beach and was wondering what exactly there is to do near to the hotel. I am too young to hire a car, will there be sufficient public transport to get to areas with bars/restaurants?

Thanks,

Meg
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Where to go

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi again Meg

Sorry to dissapoint, but there is absolutely nothing to do within walking distance of the hotel. There are a couple of small local bars in Black Rock, the nearest village, but that is a 10-15 minute walk and not something you should consider after dark, if only because the roads are unlit and local driving pretty hair-raising. Walking along roads without pavement and no street lighting is not something to be recommended.

Public transport is not really something to consider simply because it is so erratic and infrequent that you will spend most of your holiday standing beside the road waiting for buses. There is also no services at night, I believe. Public route taxis are a possibility (see menu: Tobago > Getting Around > Taxis) for further info.

The Turtle Beach is a beach hotel. It is a place to relax and chill-out. You'll be so laid back within a couple of days that you'll be falling asleep by ten at night.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Starfish Tobago”