Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
George Caulfield

Guest Report

Post by George Caulfield »

My wife and I stayed at the Turtle Beach from March 12th to 26th. This was our second visit to Tobago. We had originally intended to stay there two years ago, but changed our booking to the Grafton as friends living in Tobago warned us of an outbreak of food poisoning at the Turtle Beach at that time. As I have a bit of a problem health-wise we thought it better to change our destination. This did not put us off going to the Turtle Beach altogether and we went back this year. We were delighted with the Hotel. The food was exceptional, 'buffet style' with plenty of it. Unfortunately, towards the end of our two weeks the Manager decided to change the system to what he called 'A La Carte'. Doing away with the buffet and I suppose trying to save money. This did not detract completely from our enjoyment but it must be noted that the Hotel advertises 'Buffet' meals! I suspect that the problem here is the ongoing lack of guests!We found the accomadation quite adequate, and the nightly entertainment enjoyable. Sadly this also was let down by the fact that the bar staff seemed to use their own discretion as to what time the bar should close! Without warning they would suddenly close at eleven P.M! Just when some of us were getting going!
Despite these few small complaints we found that 75% of the other guests were repeat 'offenders', some revisiting 7, 10 and even one couple 20 years! This must indicate quite an exceptional degree of satisfaction.
Tobago will however need to 'pull it's socks up' with regards to encouraging more tourists to it's shores in the future. Hotels etc will have to start offering 'Special' deals and discounts if they want people to continue visiting the Island.
We do intend to go back again, but it will all depend on cost.They cannot keep on increasing their prices in this climate of financial unrest.
Sincerely George Caulfield

Return to “Starfish Tobago”