Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Camille

Guest Report

Post by Camille »

Poorly kept and managed hotel.

Upon arrival, the corridors and steps looked as though they had not been swept in about a week. This was the first sign of things to come. The linen bore signs of years upon years of use.

Cleanliness left a lot to be desired. We were greeted by two strands of hair of the last patron in the bathtub before our first use, signalling that the bathtub was not cleaned, not even between patrons.

We opted for the "all-inclusive" package... even worse idea than staying there in the first place. Breakfast was okay, lunch and dinner were horrible. My breakfast experiences included:

- having to wait about half an hour on a glass, while they scanned the restaurant to see who looked like they were finished with theirs before running in the kitchen to give them a quick rinse;

- finding evidence of prior use on the rim of the glass I waited half an hour for;

- having to use a community dish of butter rather than individually wrapped packets.

As for lunch and dinner, the quality was nothing above that of a struggling canteen. Meals were as basic as they get (think rice, lentils and stewed chicken with something resembling a fresh salad) and there were no options. After the first two days, we decided to cut our losses and purchase our meals outside. Also absolutely no premium drinks were offered on the "all-inclusive" package.

My husband thinks we could give them another chance, just go with basic accommodation rather than the "all-inclusive" package. I however do not have any evidence that anything has changed. I do not sleep on tattered or stained sheets at home; should I pay someone to sleep on theirs? I think not.

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”