Would you recommend having a wedding at Tropikist Hotel?

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Reann W

Would you recommend having a wedding at Tropikist Hotel?

Post by Reann W »

I stumbled across this site, and needless to say this site is a very good idea...cutos to the developer.

My fiance and I visited Tobago for two days and one night in May of 2006. We immediately fell inlove with the island and its people. We would like to have our wedding ceremony and reception in Tobago. However we aren't familiar with hotels and resorts on the island. We don't have a lot of money to spend but we do want to have a beautiful, memorable day.

Do you think that Tropikist could do the job for us :?:

Please give us any advice or suggestions that you may have :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Reann

Welcome aboard! :lol:

The Tropikist seems to have responded to public criticism and got its act together over recent years. There have been various changes in management and I've heard no serious criticism for a year or two. The rooms are spacious and the location quite good, but I don't know whether they've managed to improve on the catering, so would probably suggest Room Only or Bed & Breakfast rather than an All-Inclusive plan.

Sadly, I've never heard any reports about weddings at the Tropikist and must confess I would have some degree of reservation about recommending it. My suggestion would be to use the Tropikist for your accommodation, but arrange your wedding through Marie Daines of Tobago Weddings ( http://www.TobagoWeddings.com ) where you can be assured of a beautiful, memorable day and won't be limited to the grounds of any hotel.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Reann W

Wedding at Tropikist

Post by Reann W »

Thank you Steve for you advice and information!

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”