Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
S.McDonald

Guest Report

Post by S.McDonald »

Hi! Went back to the Tropikist after Carnival 2007 since I had such a great stay in August 2006 with my other family members. Well it was just not the same. One reason may have been that Mr. Samaroo or Samansingh was not on site because of an illness. Well the place does not run well without him. When we checked in the maintenance man came by to ask about the mattress needing to be replaced. Well since the receptionist had not mentioned that there was a problem, I had no idea what he was talking about and told him it did not. She obviously knew there was was and we did not find out until later that evening what it was. The air conditioning unit was malfunctioning and practically "rained" on my sister forcing her to move. We took pictures mentioned it to the front desk, and received the too bad attitude. We cancelled our reservation for the next night and received a refund only after mentioning that Mr. Samaroo would not have treated us this way. She would not even budge on discounting the one night we spent with the malfunctioning air conditioner. The mattress was soaked the morning we left. I feel sorry for anyone who got that room after us. It should not be up to one person to make sure this establishment works properly. When we were there in August, Mr. Samaroo worked hard to make sure all the guests were treated appropriately to the point of working the breakfast buffet. It is a shame that he can't afford to get ill, and can't count on his fellow employees to keep up the good customer service.

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”