Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Eric Eynon

Guest Report

Post by Eric Eynon »

I feel strongly that your summary of the Tropikist should be modified to accurately reflect the hotel and staff.
Having spent two weeks there it is most definitely a credit to Tabago and your description should therefore be adjusted to project a more balanced opinion, for example look at the reports you already have, the majority I have read give a good impression. I am only relieved that I read your report after I had booked otherwise I may have missed out on a very enjoyable experience.
The hotel has a new manager and both he and his staff are visable, approachful and helpful, a view shared by just about everyone I met during my stay.
Yes anyone can pick holes in anything, I do it for a living, but let's be realistic. People complaining about the birds at breakfast, ok you have to guard your toast but your in paradise, on an open terrace a few feet from the Caribbean, birds live there!
Some areas are tired but during my stay I witnessed a programme of re-decoration and some re-wiring but all said and done it's not that bad.
The bar though does close early, personally I'd stay till the early hours. On several occasions when we did get back between 10 and 10.30 staff were there but no customers, I guess it's supply and demand and there was little demand.
Far more positives than negatives, you really should change your summary for this hotel.
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: An Enjoyable Value for Money Stay

Post by Brian Taylor »

who are you talking to, eric ? tropikist is as far as I can see on my screen not even on the list of the "reviewed by steve wooler" properties... and the reviews of the guests here in the section seem good to very good. there will always be someone that is not perfectly happy, you can't be lucky all the time :wink:
good that you enjoyed it, I am sure others will, too...

steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: An Enjoyable Value for Money Stay

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Eric

Your comments are appreciated and your views do tend to confirm the reports I've heard over the past year or so. I think/hope that things ARE changing at the Tropikist and, if so, may I suggest that it is largely because public condemnation has left them with little choice.

I wish the new manager and his staff well. I can certainly confirm that I have heard no negative reports about "attitude" problems in response to guest complain for a long time.

I will certainly bear your comments in mind and will gladly remove my comments as soon as I feel confident that the change in attitude at the hotel is permanent.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”