Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Pam Adamson

Guest Report

Post by Pam Adamson »

I recently stayed 10 days at th Tropikist and I found it good value for money. It's location is central to the airport (although you hardly hear any noise), Store Bay, shops, internet cafes, The Golden Star, Pigeon Point & many restaurants.

Our room was comfortable and clean. Towels were changed every day and you could collect beach towels from the reception. It was very easy to rent a car/jeep or take a conducted tour of the island. The new manager was polite and courteous and seemd to be on duty every day from early to late.

It has a very pleasant pool and jacuzzi, good floral setting, is right on the beach (there are loungers placed there for sunbathers, but due to the pebbles/rocks it was unsuitable for bathing). There were two restaurants and at breakfast you could choose cereals, fresh fruit, pancakes, toast/jams, or a traditional fry up. Omelettes were made in front of you from a choice of 4.

The lunchtime menu got a bit boring as it never changed - burgers, club sandwiches or salad, but the same applies to more expenses all inclusives - I went on a cruise last year & we got bored with the food there after a while. The evening meal was fine, soup, salad, chicken, lamb, beef, pork, a mixture of different vegetables, rice or potatoes. Most nights it was buffet style but very slow on the nights when it was a la carte due to the slow service of the staff.

The things that could have improved would be more evening entertainment - it all closed down at 9.30/10pm. There were singers, steel pans & music played whilst you ate (from 7pm to 9pm) - after that nothing. Maybe they should re-open the disco, have a quiz night, karaoke, etc.

The attitude of the staff was in the most OK but some of them definately need a course in customer care! It also needs something to do for children - they have extensive grounds to the side of the hotel where facilities could be installed.

I would go back there again & the report about the hotel does need upgrading.

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”