Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
David Martin

Guest Report

Post by David Martin »

My wife and my two small children (3yr & 6yr)and myself stayed for three days on an all inclusive package. It was overall an enjoyable stay. Some of the staff were warm anf friendly others whilst not rude or abusive may have had personal issues which they brought to the workplace. The children loved the pool and we had to keep them busy until 9.30 am before they could use it. A feature that management should consider would be lights in the pool and earlier opening and a later closing hour. At 6.00 pm the place was still bright and the kids were disappointed to leave it. The room was cozy, the showers were old but functional.The A/c worked well no excessive noise. The TV (kids stations )were horrible could not see anything. The beach front is a reef so no bathing is possible its cozy though for a seaview and relaxation. the meals are not the greatest and fruit variety would be welcome. not much to say about lunch, was never there for it. Dinner was very basic, we expected a bit more variety however all meals were tasty and luke warm, not hot. Food warmers would solve this. Things that could transform this facility to truly a bargin hunters paradise would be an in house one stop shop for things like mosquito repellant, sun tan lotion,floats for kids ect. Also a Tour guide leaflet that the HOTEL recommends, There was a guided tour which i took from the facility which i am not sure was sanctioned by the hotel or not, but it was a total disaster, the front desk knows the individual and one of the other staff members recommended him. This tour was costly and 90% of it was seeing bush. and i had to pay for meals as well as entry to Pigen Point(We spent 45 Minutes there)The tour guide went to carry some one back to their hotel. The Tour did not even take us to Fort George or the unnamed grave, or to any other beach facility or to any waterfall or to the Gulf city mall in lowlands, seven hours of crap. Get this guy off your premises he will do no good for your image. On closing the hotel could do with a Paint job and proper lighting at the entrance. Other simple maintenance which a power washer could fix and a laundry service would be welcome. In spite of the negatives the ambience of the facilty is good and my family and i enjoyed our stay. This letter is sent with the intent that your facilty can truly become a sought after one.

Thank you
David Martin ( Room # 76)

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”