Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Alyn Alyn

Guest Report

Post by Alyn Alyn »

Bottom line...don't waste your money on this place!

I just came back from spending 3 days, 2 nights at this place, and absolutely could not wait to warn others about this place. I chose Tropikist because other people found it to be really good, but I've come to the conclusion that their judgement is poor. I would not mind spending $400/night at this hotel, but not a cent more! Value for your hard earned money, long awaited and highly expected vacation, is simply not justified. I called and booked 2 nights and was required to pay half the cost into a bank account before arriving, so I did. We arrived on Friday and I was contemplating just staying one night and moving to another hotel. The hotel is situated in a very awesome location! The grounds are open to outdoor liming, the pools are fine. The breakfast is horrible! There was a previous commenter who talked about the shared butter dish; big big mistake Tropikist! The sausage dish was plain hotdogs cut up with ketchup, the baked beans I swear was straight out of the can, the scrambled eggs was plain (without even salt) I asked about their omlette option, and on both days they had none, the bowls for the cereal (omg) I watched a grown adult (tourist) who had the cereal (simply because you cant spoil cereal) he had to eat cereal from a bowl no bigger than the palm of his hand! That was embarassing! Everyone who was there had the disgusted disappointed look on their face. The 'juice' was soo watered down you could have looked straight through it! The service from the staff was very unfriendly and unprofessional. If they were indeed qualified in hotel and customer care, they need to put it into practice. It hurt me to stay there so much, the second day was spent on hotel hunting...Tropikist, your hotel management needs to change alot! You are situated in a prime location, make use of it and maximise your advantages!...and for goodness sake, if you dont want to improve on anything, rethink your rates and stop robbing people!

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”