Blue Haven or Coco Reef? Help please!!!

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
Joanna Gray

Blue Haven or Coco Reef? Help please!!!

Post by Joanna Gray »

My fiance and I are planning to go to Tobago on honeymoon for 10 days at the beginning of May 05 (after 4 nights in New York). We've never been before, but the island looks gorgeous and we can't wait to see the local wildlife and beautiful coastline.

Can anyone tell us what the weather might be like at the begin. of May?

We're looking for a relaxing holiday, but we're Irish, so we also appreciate a bit of entertainment and my boyf is keen on diving, etc. So our dilemma is between the Coco Reef and the Blue Haven - the Coco Reef is more expensive, but seems to have better activities and is on the med side - the Blue Haven sounds more romantic, but the beach isn't as good? We hate kids and so the review about lots at the Coco Reef is offputting, but we're also worried the Blue Haven may be a bit dull at night.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Joanna

Welcome aboard!

May should be good. Have a look at the appropriate article available through the Tobago/Weather menu above for more detailed stats on the weather at that time of the year.

You must accept that NO hotel in Tobago has nightlife - at least not what I would call nightlife. However, you correctly assume that Blue Haven would be quieter than the Coco Reef. Also, the Coco Reef is in a much more active area and you could wander across the road to the Pelican Reef or (if you are desperate) down to the Golden Star and at least feel you're getting some action. The beach at the Blue Haven is much nicer than the one at the Coco Reef in that it's natural and uncrowded.

Overall I would describe the Blue Haven as more sophisticated than the Coco Reef. Its smaller, more quiet and more personal. In that sense its also more romantic, but I must equally accept that it might be too quiet for many people's taste.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”