Beach at Blue Haven?

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
Andy R

Beach at Blue Haven?

Post by Andy R »

Hi there

I just have a quick question about the beach at Blue Haven...

After talking to a few friends who have stayed in Tobago before, I've been told to keep away from the Atlantic side of the island as the water is much choppier and generally less calm than the Caribbean side. However, from everything that we've read, Blue Haven is by far and away our preference of hotel (Coco Reef sounds too big and soulless for our tastes). So, that puts us in a bit of a quandary - especially as my girlfriend isn't much of a swimmer.

Just how much rougher is the sea at Blue Haven's beach and is it likely to be a problem for someone who isn't a confident swimmer?

Thanks,

Andy

Oh and excellent web site, by the way. The reviews are really helpful.
Neil Roberts
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Neil Roberts »

Dear Andy. My wife and I had a lovely stay at the Blue Haven last July. The beach was a beautiful area and fine for me, a very weak swimmer. Although there were bigger and more waves than on the caribbean side of the island, I didn't find them uncomfortable. I've only been the once and so can't tell you whether the conditions were typical, but we enjoyed ourselves greatly. The hotel staff are worth a particular mention, really charming and helpful. Best wishes, Neil Roberts.
Graham Jones
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Graham Jones »

Andy
When we were at the Blue Haven in November, the sea was calmer than it had been on the Caribbean side at Stonehaven Bay. The beach shelves very gently so you can be 50 yards out and only be waist deep. In addition the Blue Haven has a good sized pool as an alternative. Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Graham Jones
Bryn

Caribbean side vs Atlantic side

Post by Bryn »

In my opinion, I prefer the Atlantic side. For a few reasons....but the most important is that the trade winds keep the bugs away! I also found the Atlantic to be warmer than the Caribbean. Everyone has their opinion but that's my two cents for you! :-) Rent a car and drive around to different beaches...it's the best way to see the island!

We haven't stayed at the Blue Haven but from what we've heard it sounds fabulous.

Have a great vacation and can't wait to hear your views when you return! Please keep us all posted.

Cheers!

Bryn
Vancouver, BC
Andy R

Post by Andy R »

Cheers! Thanks for the advice everyone. That's really helpful.

So.... we've booked a week at Blue Haven for the beginning of Feb. Can't wait!

Any more tips or advice? I've heard that it's possible to go on organised dolphin watching trips. Is this something we might be able to organise through the hotel?

And hey Bryn, it's good to hear from someone in Vancouver... that's where I was born :)

Thanks again,

Andy

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”