Blue Haven- distance to Scarborough

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
Pam Smith

Blue Haven- distance to Scarborough

Post by Pam Smith »

I'm confused! I have read various reviews which say it is a 10 minute walk into Scarborough but have just found another one that says it's 2 miles. Now I like walking but most people actually only walk about 2 miles an hour pace. So these "facts" are mutually exclusive. Is it really feasible to walk to a restaurant in the evening or would a taxi be more realistic?
Tony J
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Tony J »

Dear Pam

The distance is really only a 10 to 15 minute walk from the Blue Haven into Scarborugh. This would be to the top end of the town, then a short stroll through the streets would take you down to the sea front.

The restaurants in Scarborough tend to be fast food places and small snack bars, such as KFC and Pizza Boys. If you want a full on restaurant meal with waiter service then i would suggest you hire a taxi or use a hire car.

Most restaurants tend to be about 15 to 20 minute drive away, there are a couple much closer to the Blue Haven our favourite was the Salsa Kitchen or for lunch, Shore Things which is just past Scarborough. But again you will need transport to reach these places.

Kind regards

Sara
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Pam

As Tony indicates, the truth is somewhere between the two extremes. Yes, it is probbly the best part of 2 miles to downtown Scarborough (the harbour), but about three-quarters to Gun Bridge and Upper Scarborough. Where does Scarborough start? Bacolet is like a suburb.

In truth, you're highly unlikely to be walking to restaurants at night, unless it's the Blue Haven or Old Donkey Cart. Anything else is going to be a taxi drive.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”