Guest Report

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
Gary W + Louise W

Guest Report

Post by Gary W + Louise W »

We have just returned from tobago after 3 relaxing weeks, we stayed at the Blue Haven Hotel in room 20. the hotel is beautiful, very clean and the staff are the most friendlist people we have ever met. we had the most amazing view from our room you could stand in the shower or sit on the toilet and look at the sea (never had that experience before). we actually went to tobago to get married and i would recommend the blue haven to anyone thinking of doing the same. we chose our location which was under a palm tree down on the beach, we had an arch which was decorated with palm leaves and flowers to match my dress (pink)and there were petals scattered all around around us, it was perfect! the ceremony took about 20 minutes and the minsister had a wonderful sense of humor which took away our nerves. we had cake and champayne and the manager even did our videoing. when we returned to our room there were rose petals scattered everywhere, im mean everywhere! they had even run a hot bubbly bath and put them in there. this was our dream wedding and it was all thanks to the staff at blue haven.
the hotel is beautiful but i must agree with some of the other comments that i have just read, the resaurant menu was rather limited and we thought very expensive, and the nightlife was non existant, at times we where also the only ones in the bar. the first night we arrived there was a barbque on the beach, it was brilliant good food entertainment and plenty of rum punch. we were told that this was a weekly thing but it never happened again. unfortunatly we forgot to take our driving licenses (maybe this was for the best, the locals all drink and drive) so we had to rely on taxi's to take us to other eating houses as there was no where else to eat, except opposite at the old donkey cart which also lacked atmosphere. however we would definetly recommend a stay at the blue haven the service they provide is excellent and very professional, more than we can say for the rest of the island but thats another story. i cant imagine how people with children got on in tobago as there doesnt seem much for them to do, perhaps we were going to the wrong places, the toured the whole of the island and spent most of the time on boat trips and beaches, which i think children may find boring. but for us it was heaven we had a wonderful time in tobago and hope to return in the near future.

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”