Guest Report

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
Andres Duplat

Guest Report

Post by Andres Duplat »

Be aware!
We went to Tobago to celebrate our 6th anniversary. Just 3 hours after arriving to the hotel, while taking a nap in the swimming pool area we were robbed by a 14 year old local boy, who was swimming in the pool. He pulled out my wifes bag (with my wallet and her purse) beside her chest. She woke up screeming and I ran after him. The Staff helped capture the boy and retreive him while the police arrived. We could find all our things back. We had to go to the police station to sign a statement. The mother of the boy was called and she told us she apologized about her son´s behavior. Next day changing our original plan to stay all the day at the hotel, we rent a car and made a trip around Tobago to forget the episode. When we came back at the hotel, we went to the beach restaurant to have late lunch (3 pm). For the first time, we saw the security woman (just transfered from the parking lot to the stairs that connect to the beach) and she ask if we left our belongins in the room. At the beach, there was the boy playing with a group of 6 local teenagers with no remorse at all. This was a 2 day stay. While the Staff was embarrased and very helpfull we didn´t get any feedback or compensation from the manager/owner.

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”