Blue Haven - a gem in the island of Tobago

55-room luxury boutique hotel in Bacolet (listing)
I Slade

Blue Haven - a gem in the island of Tobago

Post by I Slade »

We were at the Blue Haven this Xmas and had the most amazing stay.

I had been in contact with the reservations desk before we left to arrange some flowers as it was my partners birthday on the day we arrived.

What a surprise when we arrived as we were sung a wonderful birthday song and presented with a lovely cake! On top of this they had upgraded us to the Rita Hayworth suite.

The owner Karl introduced himself and showed us to our room, you always see him and his wife around the hotel talking to guests and making sure everybody is OK. A truly good host.

We travelled around the whole of Tobago during our stay and visited most of the other big hotels and can honestly say that the Blue Haven was one of the best.

The beach is wonderful, although it is on the Atlantic side the water is crystal clear and there is nothing underfoot on the gently sloping sand beach as far out as you can go. The waves coming in from the Atlantic just add to the fun especially playing with the hotel provided boogie boards! There is also good snorkelling by the rocks with plenty of fish and sting rays etc.

The rooms were very nice and airy, with good air conditioning. The rooms were always made up very quickly and kept very clean and tidy.

The hotel's restuarant "Shutters" was very nice and the staff very friendly, especially Tricia who was always smiling whatever happened. Be prepared for a wait as everything is prepared fresh, but that wait it worth it as the food was always wonderful.

Only down side to the hotel is perhaps it's location, being above Scarborough on the Atlantic side means you really need a car and it is about 20 mins drive to where most of the restaurants are. But hey that's no big deal when the scenery is so nice!

If you want an understated yet magical, comfortable stay in Tobago go for the Blue Haven!

Return to “Blue Haven Hotel”