Arnos Vale Resort

29 room 3* hotel located on the Arnos Vale plantation
peter martin

ARNOS VALE RESORT

Post by peter martin »

Having stayed at Arnos Vale Hotel exactly a year ago, my wife and I decided to return this year and we have no regrets as we enjoyed a truly beautiful and relaxing 2-weeks holiday there last month.Athough we liked the feel and excellent location of the property last year we had some hesitations to return as the quality of the Italian management, service and food was quite mediocre. When learning, however, that the resort had a change of management we decided to book and are glad we did, as.... 'what a change'!!! The hotel had undergone a complete renovation and refurbishment program, with beautifully appointed rooms, new furniture, drapes, linnen and towels, china, glassware and all. It is now operated by the owners and managed by a very pleasant German gentleman, Melissa, the very efficient Trini Assistant Manager, Brian the Food Manager and a new excellent kitchen brigade. The friendly ever smiling staff were another great asset making our stay even more enjoyable and comfortable. We had for 2 weeks beautiful weather, enjoyed the great beach, the snorkelling is some of the best of the island, the lovely tropical gardens with a huge variety of birds - the highlight every afternoon was the 'afternoon tea bird feeding ceremony' - not to be missed. Overall, this was one of the best holidays we had, after having sampled quite a number of other Caribbean islands and hotels over the years - a great experience and we will be back for sure! :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Peter

I'm delighted to hear your report. It's wonderful to hear that at long last the Arnos Vale Hotel might be on the path back to its old glory days.

During my recent visit, I was given a very exhaustive tour of the hotel by Melissa, who you mention. She showed me round the various types of room and by strange coincidence, took me to the very suite that I occupied when I stayed there in the mid 80s. Everywhere was looking good. It is obvious that a lot of work has been done. In fact, I can say that the hotel appears to have come on enough to be considered for a full myTobago review next year or the year after.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Arnos Vale Hotel”