Arnos Vale Hotel

29 room 3* hotel located on the Arnos Vale plantation
Tim W

Arnos Vale Hotel

Post by Tim W »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 01 March 2003

Hi Steve, will do a full review of Arnos Vale if you would like- do you want photo's? Also we spent 4 nights on Trinidad P O S and San Fernando any interest in that? Interesting note on food. The food at Arnos Vale whilst being basic - was basic TOBAGAN not basic pies, chips and gravy as i fear many people who have not visited the area before may think. We had excellent breakfasts -probably some of the best croissant I have had anywhere (sorry France). Lunch was a help yourself affair of a great range of salads and hot mainly local dishes like (proper) peas and rice, pilau etc. together with chef(what a lovely lady) BAR-B-QING VARIOUS FISH, STEAK, CHICHEN ,PORK(the steaks were 10 oz. rump from the states. We did manage to get her to make Goat curry for us last Wednesday. Dinner.Without doubt the weak link.During out first 3 nights it was buffet-again good basic stuff, the starters being very basic, the soups very good local flavours. main courses were generally a choice of up to 6 dishes on a serve yourself basis. Quantity wise you could eat yourself silly - and you have seen i am no longer the slin elegant creature i once was!. desserts a disaster but not unexpected, even the Seahorse's are not overly exiting. Let me know about reviews
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Arnos Vale

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 01 March 2003

Yes, yes, yes, please! Review copy, photos, gold bars and that beer you promised (I think that was just an evil rumour; however I'll trade you for the review). Just email me at [email protected]. As you know, we were staying at Being, next door to the Arnos Vale Hotel, when we met. Jill and my sister used to like their early morning swims down at Arnos Vale beach and had commented on how good the breakfasts looked.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Arnos Vale Hotel”